Introducing Rachel Comey Spring/Summer 2016 beauty looks at New York Fashion Show. Tips and guides from Beauty.com to anticipate the next season’s trends in makeup, hair, skincare and nails.
GET THE LOOK: HAIR
- Prep the hair with Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray ($29.00) and rough dry it in. The goal is to get added volume and texture into the hair
- Roughly go through the hair section by section, adding in the Phyto Professional Matte Texturizing Paste ($24.00). This will give the hair the tackiness to hold the look together.
- Divide the hair into five sections: one at the top, one on each side and two in the back.
- Within each of these sections, pull the hair back and tie the hair into square knots. The result will look like a knot-braid, which will be secured with an elastic hair band at the end.
- Finish by misting Phytolaque Soie Hairspray ($19.00) to keep in place
GET THE LOOK: SKINCARE
- Prep the skin by lightly misting the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist ($35.00) to tone. Apply a layer of the Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Soothing Moisturizing Cream ($92.00) moisturizer on the skin. Prep the lips by dabbing on the Jurlique Rose Love Balm ($10.00).
- Additional product for addressing specific skincare concerns per model include: Jurlique Purely Age-Defying Firming Face Oil ($58.00), Jurlique Rose Moisture Replenishing Day Cream ($44.00), Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Eye Serum ($48.00), Jurlique Purely Bright Eye Correcting Cream ($45.00), Jurlique Lavender Silk Finishing Powder ($36.00).
See also: 3 Ways to Choose Sunscreen Products
GET THE LOOK: MAKEUP
- To create a smooth and perfect canvas, apply the bareMinerals Pure Brightening Serum Foundation ($29.00) to the skin, followed by a dusting of the bareMinerals Original Foundation ($28.00).
- Color in the brows with the bareMinerals Frame & Define Brow Styler ($15.00). Use the built-in brush to groom the brows upwards.
- To lightly mute the lips, apply a little foundation on top of the Jurlique Rose Love Balm ($10.00).
- LOOK 1
o To create the graphic black/messy and “lived-in” eye look, apply the bareMinerals Round the Clock Intense Cream-Glide Eyeliner ($16.00) over the entire eye lid and extend slightly outward into a wing. This is meant to appear messy and move around a bit.
o Apply multiple coats of the bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara ($18.00) on the top lashes.
- LOOK 2
o Lightly dust the bareMinerals Ready Bronzer ($24.00) that’s mixed with a taupe shade from the bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 8.0 Palette in Power Neutrals ($40.00) in the crease to create a soft halo of color. Then create graphic shapes using the bareMinerals Blue Eyecolor Eyeshadow ($14.00) in Snowflake while wet and bareMinerals Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner ($16.00) in black in the corner of the eyes.
- LOOK 3
o On one eye, use the bareMinerals Liner Shadow in Onyx ($14.00) wet with the very fine tipped bareMinerals Gorgeous Glide Liner Brush ($22.00) to wrap around the eye into a wing, also bringing it to a point in the inner corner and slightly under the bottom inner corner. No mascara will be used for this look.
o Use bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Liner in Energized ($15.00) to create a line above black liner.
o On the other eye apply the black liner, extending both inward and outward, and then use the peach- tone to add a circle under the eye for a pop of abstract color
Check out also: Get Your Skin Glowing with Ayelet Naturals!
- LOOK 4
o This natural looks was created by using a mix of the bareMinerals Ready Bronzer ($24.00) and taupe shades from bareMineralsReady Eyeshadow 8.0 Palette in Power Neutrals ($40.00) for subtle definition on the eyes and cheeks.
All products above are available to shop at at beauty.com
GET THE LOOK: NAILS
- The manicures will have a lighter custom blend of Nonie Creme Colour Prevails Nail Lacquer in Frenemy ($8.00 at drugstore.com) and Nonie Creme Colour Prevails Nail Lacquer in Wardrobe Staple ($8.00 at drugstore.com) while the pedicures will have a darker blend.
RACHEL COMEY SS 2016 Beauty Looks, Tips & Guides
Hair: James Pecis for Beauty.com using PHYTO
Makeup: Romy Soleimani for Beauty.com using bareMinerals
Skincare: Romy Soleimani for Beauty.com using Jurlique
Nails: Nonie Creme using Colour Prevails
INSPIRATION: Desert, Post-Apocalyptic Warrior